miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2009

Transantiago: Before and after.


Most people say that Transantiago is making everyone's daily life more difficult and messy. I think that's true, but in my case, I think I've been benefited in several ways.

When Transantiago started, my first impression was that the new system was slower than the old one, but cleaner and more organized. And the better thing was that finally I had a bus that actually reached my neighborhood. I've always live in a place so far from the "city" that none of the transport systems reachs it.

With the time and people's demands, the system has been changing. The payment ways have changed and now we have a Bip! card that makes very easy the pay and the trip itself. There's new routes that make the trip faster, but I (and everyone else) have to get used to make combinations of buses and subway. The good thing of this is that you pay once, not two or three times, even if you use a bus, the subway and a bus again!

And, even better, with the new routes now I have three differents ways to go to my house, and all of them are very fast!

One thing that should change is the frequencie of some services. There's people that have to wait even half an hour for a bus. Also, the schedule of the subway should be longer, the "Bip's points" should be more and should be installed in places that are far from downtown and the old buses should be replaced by new ones. They pollute a lot.

1 comentario:

  1. ......the transport systems reachs (misspelling - "reaches") it.

    With the time and people's demands, the system has been changing. The payment ways (system) have (has) changed and now we have a Bip! card that makes very easy the pay and the trip itself. There's (are) new routes that make the trip faster, .........
    ......I have three differents (adjectives are never plural) ways to go to my house, and all of them are very fast!

    One thing that should change is the frequencie (misspelling)of some services. There's (are) people that have to wait even half an hour for a bus. Also, the schedule of the subway should be longer, the "Bip's points" should be more (there should be more B....) and (missing subject) should be installed (located???) in places that are far from downtown and the old buses should be replaced by new ones. They pollute a lot

    ResponderEliminar