jueves, 27 de agosto de 2009

Let's eat some paella!


All of my life I wanted to visit the usual places that people say they want to visit when they are asked about that: France, Egypt, Jamaica, Italy, Greece, Brazil. But a year ago from now, I have changed my mind and I've decided that I want to go to Spain.

Why? I have lot of reasons. The first of all, spanish people talks in spanish. That's a fundamental thing because -second reason- I want to study there, maybe in Barcelona. I know a little bit of english and a little bit of french, but not that much and taking classes in another language is not very simple. The third important reason is that I've recently discovered a part of my family I didn't knew before and some of them are actually living there! And, the last important reason is that I also discovered that my grand-grand mother was spanish, and she came to Chile, scaping from Franco's dictatorship. Going there is like founding my roots.


I don't know very much about Spain, only a few things that people say about it. I don't research yet. I know that the weather is very extreme; that Barcelona is a very crazy city, whit a lot of night life; that inmigration has grown a lot in the last time; that there is a conflict in the Basque Country and in some places the terrorism takes place very often.

I'd like to study in Spain because there are very good Social Sciences schools, some of my good teachers have made their post-grades there, and they are very good in what they're doing now, specially in social science's methodologies, wich are one of my interest areas.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario